- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
Oran, The Chadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Chairman of the Executive Council of the African Union Musa Faki yesterday announced that preparations were underway for a meeting of parties of the Libyan crisis, in a bid to reach a consensus solution based on the UN-sponsored political agreement. The Committee of Five African Heads of State, set up in 2011 to help bring about proper solutions to the Libyan crisis, will visit Libya shortly to look into the possibility of bringing Libyan parties together as part of a national reconciliation drive based on the UN-sponsored agreement to reach consensus internal solutions to the crisis, Kaki said at the end of the second day of the high-level meeting on peace and security in Africa being held in the Algerian city of Oran. He said the African Union initiative calls for a political and peaceful solution to the crisis in Libya, stressing that there was no military solution. He called on Libyan parties to accept the initiative and make the necessary compromises to keep the integrity of the country.
Source: Libya News Agency