- ticket title
- Libya vows to expose perpetrators to justice over Bangladeshi killing
- Press Conference by Security Council President on Work Programme for June, July
- Secretary Pompeo’s Call with French Foreign Minister Le Drian
- Greece Protests Turkish Drilling Plans in Mediterranean
- European Union provides EUR 18 million to support the most vulnerable in 20 new municipalities across Libya
ADDIS ABABA, May 12 (NNN-ENA) -- Ethiopia will support Libya in bringing peace and stability in the country and share its experience in ensuring peace, says President Mulatu Teshome.
He stated this when the outgoing Libyan Ambassador to Ethiopia, Mahfud R. Rahiam, paid a farewell call on him here Thursday.
President Mulatu added that instability in Libya was a global threat which Ethiopia would help to tackle.
The threat could be tackled by preventing the convergence of terrorists in Libya, he noted.
The two sides also discussed ways to bolster bilateral co-operation in areas of mutual interest such as human resources development and aviation.
The ambassador briefed the president about the efforts underway by the government of Libya to implement the agreement reached to establish a coalition government with opposition Libyan factions.
The ambassador said his country needed the support of Ethiopia, the African Union and the international community to resolve the existing differences which prevail and create the conditions which will lead to political agreement. -- NNN-ENA
Source: NAM News Network