- ticket title
- 107 Illegal Migrants Including Women and Children Have Been Rescued
- UNICEF: Millions of Children Suffer Because of Conflict in Yemen, Syria and Libya
- Sun’allah: NOC Has Big Role in Upgrading Libyan Economy
- Libya: Euros 2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs
- Kremlin: Putin and Merkel Agree on Avoiding Armed Struggle in Libyan Conflict
ADDIS ABABA, May 12 (NNN-ENA) -- Ethiopia will support Libya in bringing peace and stability in the country and share its experience in ensuring peace, says President Mulatu Teshome.
He stated this when the outgoing Libyan Ambassador to Ethiopia, Mahfud R. Rahiam, paid a farewell call on him here Thursday.
President Mulatu added that instability in Libya was a global threat which Ethiopia would help to tackle.
The threat could be tackled by preventing the convergence of terrorists in Libya, he noted.
The two sides also discussed ways to bolster bilateral co-operation in areas of mutual interest such as human resources development and aviation.
The ambassador briefed the president about the efforts underway by the government of Libya to implement the agreement reached to establish a coalition government with opposition Libyan factions.
The ambassador said his country needed the support of Ethiopia, the African Union and the international community to resolve the existing differences which prevail and create the conditions which will lead to political agreement. -- NNN-ENA
Source: NAM News Network