- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
The Egyptian police arrested 19,108 terrorist elements, over the past four years, a documentary, displayed by the Interior Ministry, on Wednesday, revealed.
The Egyptian police also destroyed 992 terrorist dens and seized large amounts of weapons, ammunition and explosives, over the past four years.
The documentary, shown during the visit of President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi to the ministry, said the police busted a number of pro-terrorist economic entities and institutions, that led to the decline of terrorist activities, from 481 in 2014, to 22 in 2017.
The Egyptian army, in cooperation with the police, are currently launching a massive anti-terror campaign named "Sinai 2018" that has killed at least 121 terrorists and arrested thousands, since it started on Feb 9.
At least 18 soldiers were killed and 22 injured in the operation.
The Sinai-based branch of the Daesh regional terrorist group, claimed responsibility for most of the terror operations in Egypt, over the past few years.
Meanwhile, the Egyptian forces killed hundreds of terrorists, and arrested thousands of suspects, during the country's anti-terror war, declared by President Sisi.
Source: NAM News Network