- ticket title
- MAXAIR Achieves First PAPR100-N Conventional Approval from NIOSH
- REMINDER/Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results on August 6, 2020
- هيكفيجن تصدر نتائجها المالية للنصف الأول من العام 2020
- تطبيق جوّال جديد قائم على الذكاء الاصطناعي “Wai-Eye” لمساعدة المدارس في الامتثال لـ COVID-19
- بنك الفلاح وتيراباي يدشنان خدمة التحويلات المالية المنزلية إلى باكستان
– Marque Industry Event to Address Major Challenges Faced By Power Organizations Worldwide
WATERTOWN, Massachusetts, Aug. 21, 2014 / PRNewswire — Doble Engineering, the leading testing and maintenance authority with nearly 100 years of experience in the electric power industry, will attend CIGRE Session 2014, where industry leaders have the opportunity to connect on the critical issues they’re facing.
At CIGRE Session, Doble will participate in nine working groups, host a special invite-only luncheon on Tuesday, 26 August, and have resident experts on hand, including Dr. Tony McGrail, solutions director of asset management and monitoring technology, who is a member of working group A2.49 on the condition assessment of power transformers.
CIGRE Session 2014 will focus on 16 fields of study and bring together experts from around the world to discuss the most urgent and relevant issues affecting the electric power industry today. In this dynamically changing industry, CIGRE plays a critical role in helping address new challenges and technology.
Two Doble papers have been accepted and published as reference materials for the study committee on transformers (SC A2) at CIGRE Session 2014. With transformers at the heart of the electric grid, many organizations compete for a spot on this committee. Doble’s significant contribution to the discussion will help to drive the strategic direction of the transformer conversation.
Additionally, Doble will have six country representatives participating in nine working groups that span over four study committees:
- Study Committee C4: Methods and tools for analysis related to power systems
- Study Committee B5: Principles, design, application and management of power system protection, substation control, automation, monitoring, recording and metering
- Study Committee A2: Design, construction, manufacturing and operations for all kinds of power transformers
- Study Committee B3: Design, construction and ongoing maintenance and ongoing management of transmission and distribution substations and the electrical installations in power stations (excluding generators)
Simon Ryder, principal engineer at Doble Engineering Company will act as the Convenor for CIGRE working group A2.48. Hongzhi Ding, also a principal engineer, will be the Task Force Leader for working group A2.45 and will present the A2.45 status report on behalf of the Convenor.
Doble will also participate in the week-long Technical Exhibition and can be found at stand 260. The exhibition is open to all visitors, including delegates, to discover new and advanced tools, services, equipment and materials in the power systems industry. Products on display at the Doble booth will include: a new online monitoring platform, dobleARMS, M7100 and Protection Suite. These solutions cover the entire asset ownership cycle, helping utilities to better manage risk regardless of the age or status of their asset.
“CIGRE is one of the industry’s foremost organizations when it comes to knowledge-sharing and collaboration in the electric power systems industry – something that Doble keeps at the core of everything we do,” says Dave Zabetakis, president of Doble. “The knowledge that we gain and share at CIGRE Session is vital in helping us move the industry forward to manage a more efficient, safe and reliable grid.”
Growing Doble: Knowledge at the Core of Progress
Having worked in France with dozens of customers for more than 20 years, including utilities, power generation stations and power asset manufacturers, Doble is committed to a growing presence in France, even bringing the renowned Life of a Transformer™ Seminar to Lyon in 2015.
Knowledge has been a main pillar of Doble’s nearly century-long history. Its founder, Frank Doble was committed to creating a community of power engineers who could share their experiences, struggles and triumphs. Today, Doble continues that legacy by hosting over 20 conferences, seminars and events each year. One of Doble’s most acclaimed training events is the Life of a Transformer™ Seminar, which has grown to be held in 3 global regions in 2015:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates from January 18 – 22, 2015
- San Antonio, Texas USA from February 9 – 13, 2015
- Lyon, France from June 1 – 5, 2015
Each event caters to the specific challenges of the region, ensuring that attendees are gaining valuable and actionable information. All of Doble’s global expansion efforts, including their new office in Dubai and the opening of their insulating materials laboratory in Houston, Texas are marked by their efforts to provide support and assistance specific to different regions. CIGRE Session provides Doble with the opportunity to share their global experiences, and learn more from regional experts on how they can best support their customers worldwide.
About Doble Engineering Company
Now in 110 countries, Doble Engineering Company has been helping clients in the electric power industry improve operations and optimize system performance for nearly a century. Doble offers diagnostic instruments, services, and the world’s premier library of statistically significant apparatus test results for the benefit of energy generation, transmission, delivery companies and industrial power users worldwide. Doble is part of the Utility Solutions Group of ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), St. Louis. For more information, visit: www.doble.com.