- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
Tripoli-Director of Disease Control, Ahmed Al Qarari said the number of registered cases for treatment from Leishmania registered in the past six months was 5000 cases. Al Qarari, however, explained in press statements that most of infections were recorded between Misrata and Taurgha region. He said the 5000 figure could be an underestimate because some patients do not seek treatment. Al Qarari said the first recorded cases of the disease were registered before one hundred years ago and the second outbreak of the disease was on 1980s and the latest outbreak was in 2006. Al Qarari said the centre purchased Leishmania drug from India through World Health organization. He said the Centre is waiting for a new shipment next week.
Source: Libya News Agency