- ticket title
- Dozens Arrested in Egypt After Rare Anti-Sissi Protests
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
The DA learned this morning and welcomes, with caution, the Special Investigating Units’s (SIU) civil suit against the Department of Public Works and the architect of President Jacob Zuma’s private residence at Nkandla, Minenhle Makhanya.
This comes as the SIU announced that it is seized with completing its report and is presumably an attempt to retrieve any funds that were misappropriated in bank-rolling the ‘security upgrades’ at Nkandla.
Although the DA welcomes this civil action by the SIU, we contend that this action must not be used to scapegoat the Department of Public Works and Mr Makhanya in an attempt to evade accountability.
Furthermore, President Zuma must still apply his mind to all the relevant documents and reports in his submission to Parliament.
The DA awaits the tabling of the SIU report and is cautiously optimistic that due process will be followed in the civil suit filed by the SIU. It is high time that the South African people learn the full truth about Nkandla.
James Selfe, Chairperson of the DA Federal Executive
Source : Democratic Alliance