- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
The DA commends Pallo Jordan on his decision to resign from Parliament. Given the current controversy surrounding Jordan, his resignation is in the best interests of Parliament, his party and himself.
This must have been a difficult decision. We respect his choice to take responsibility for his actions. There are many other individuals in Parliament who have disgraced themselves much more seriously, who have chosen to avoid accountability at all costs.
Although we cannot condone Jordan’s dishonesty with regards to his academic qualifications, we acknowledge the contribution he has made to political discourse in South Africa. Indeed, one does not require a doctorate to be able to formulate and debate ideas.
We have often disagreed and debated vigorously with Jordan, but we have always done so constructively. In so doing, he has earned the DA’s respect as a public intellectual.
However disappointing the revelations about his academic qualifications may be, we wish Jordan the best in whatever he endeavours to do next.
John Steenhuisen, Chief Whip of the Democratic Alliance
Source : Democratic Alliance