- ticket title
- Enhanced Technologies Help E-commerce Platforms and Merchants Deliver a More Intelligent Live Streaming Experience
- شرركة ماكسير تحوز على أول موافقة تقليدية على جهاز PAPR100-N من مؤسسة نيوش
- دار سك العملة الكندية الملكية تحتفي بالذكرى السنوية الـ 150 للأقاليم الشمالية الغربية في أحدث مجموعة من عملاتها المعدنية
- معرض استيراد دولي أكبر وأعلى جودة في نوفمبر 2020
- R.J. O’Brien Acquires Global Interdealer Broker Lombard Forte Securities
12/12/2014 – Foreign Affairs Council (FAC)
At a meeting of the Foreign Council Affairs on development issues, Eu ministers discussed a new framework for the coordination of international aid efforts. They also adopted conclusions on migration in EU development cooperation.
Post-2015 development agenda
EU Ministers discussed the UN synthesis report and the role of the EU in the process of setting global goals that include poverty eradication and the promotion of sustainable development.
EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini, said: “The principle of the next global framework is not to leave anyone behind, not only in some parts of the world, but in all parts of the world. With the new Council conclusions, the EU will start to speak with one voice on post 2015 agenda”
Council conclusions are likely to be adopted by the General Affairs Council on 16 December.
EU response to the Ebola crisis
Christos Stylianides, EU Ebola Coordinator and Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid, briefed the ministers on the EU medium to long-term plans to support reconstruction and recovery in West Africa.
Migration, refugees and development
EU Ministers stressed the need to approach migration not only as a security challenge but as a development opportunity, and recommended incorporating migration aspects in the EU’s dialogue with partner countries and in EU development aid.
They also adopted conclusions on several other items without discussion (“A-items”):
FAC (development) press conference video 12 December 2014
Thank you for your feedback
Please note that we do not send any replies via this survey.
If you have questions use our enquiry form.