- ticket title
- The Royal Canadian Mint Recognizes the 150th Anniversary of the Northwest Territories in its Newest Suite of Collector Coins
- MAXAIR Achieves First PAPR100-N Conventional Approval from NIOSH
- REMINDER/Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results on August 6, 2020
- هيكفيجن تصدر نتائجها المالية للنصف الأول من العام 2020
- تطبيق جوّال جديد قائم على الذكاء الاصطناعي “Wai-Eye” لمساعدة المدارس في الامتثال لـ COVID-19
Thursday, 21 August 2014 07:38
The welcoming remarks were made by Dr. Henry Wamwayi, on behalf of the AU-IBAR Director while opening remarks were made by Dr. SJ Muchina Munyua, Acting Director of ICPALD. The participants of the consultative meeting were technical committee drawn from the IGAD Member States as well as from AU-IBAR, AU-PANVAC, FAO-ECTAD, IGAD-ICPALD, ILRI and the OIE. Other documents reviewed included the PPR control effort in South East Asia; the South African Development Community (SADC) region strategy for PPR control, the global strategy development efforts by FAO and OIE; and the global FMD strategy developed by FAO and OIE.
The participants reviewed and agreed on priority diseases identified by the countries, on the outline of the regional framework and a draft regional strategy for the progressive control of peste des petit ruminants (PPR) and other small ruminant diseases (SRD). The way forward is that the technical committee and the consultant continue to work on the draft document to further enrich the draft regional framework before the planned validation workshop in September 22, 2014.
IGAD/ICPALD and AU-IBAR are appreciative and grateful to the European Union (EU) for having financed this event under STSD funding.