- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
Tripoli, - Coastal guard elements of Zawya refinery -western sector - had apprehended eight boats north of Misrata city , with 1000 illegal immigrants on board , from African and Arab nationalities. Spokesman for navy forces colonel "Ayub Qasim" , on Friday , said that the arrest operation took place , when a coastal guard patrol scouted the area north west of Zawya , and were apprehended ten miles north of Misrata city. Colonel Qasim added , that these boats which were carrying "some women" , conked in the sea due to engine failure. Qasim said , that all arrested were moved to coastal guard point in Zawya refinery port , where given humanitarian and health services , then transferred to anti-illegal immigration service in Zawya.
Source: Libyan News Agency