- ticket title
- Adopting 7 Resolutions, General Assembly Calls for Recorded Vote on Texts Addressing Global Health, Ties with Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- EU Trust Fund for Africa: new actions adopted to support vulnerable migrants, foster socio-economic development and improve border management in North of Africa
- GNA Minister Of Transport Meets Canadian Ambassador.
- Head Of Presidency Council Attends Event At Police Academy.
- GNA Interior Minister Discuss Security Cooperation With German Foreign Ministry Undersecretary.
TRIPOLI, A car bomb explosion killed six people and injured more than 20 people in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi late Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported.
The blast occurred on Jamal Abdannaser street near Tibisti Hotel, Capt. Tariq al-Kharraz, spokesman for Benghazi joint security chamber, told local the TV channel Libya Al-Hadath.
The area was closed off for fear of similar attacks.
The Libyan TV channel released images of the aftermath of the explosion, showing a number of burnt vehicles and the massive destruction in the street, as well as ambulances transporting victims.
"It is too early to reveal any information related to the attack," which he said was "purely a terrorist act," the spokesperson said.
Benghazi, Libya's second largest city, has frequently been targeted by car bombs and suicide attacks.
Due to the deteriorating security situation, the city set up a joint security chamber comprising the army and police officers.
Source: Nam News Network