- ticket title
- Late Saudi Writer Khashoggi Supported Arab Spring, Free Speech
- MORE THAN 13,000 MIGRANTS VOLUNTARILY REPATRIATED FROM LIBYA IN 2018: UN
- LIBYA RECEIVES ITALIAN BOAT TO COMBAT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES IN MEDITERRRANEAN
- Al Salak Reaffirms PPC Full Support To Unification Of Military Institution.
- Siala Receives Spanish Ambassador To Libya.
TRIPOLI, A car bomb explosion killed six people and injured more than 20 people in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi late Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported.
The blast occurred on Jamal Abdannaser street near Tibisti Hotel, Capt. Tariq al-Kharraz, spokesman for Benghazi joint security chamber, told local the TV channel Libya Al-Hadath.
The area was closed off for fear of similar attacks.
The Libyan TV channel released images of the aftermath of the explosion, showing a number of burnt vehicles and the massive destruction in the street, as well as ambulances transporting victims.
“It is too early to reveal any information related to the attack,” which he said was “purely a terrorist act,” the spokesperson said.
Benghazi, Libya’s second largest city, has frequently been targeted by car bombs and suicide attacks.
Due to the deteriorating security situation, the city set up a joint security chamber comprising the army and police officers.
Source: Nam News Network