- ticket title
- German charity Sea-Eye says 78 migrants rescued off Libyan coast
- Libya: 24 killed in clashes as UN condemns
- Turkish Pres Erdogan discuss Libya conflict on Algeria visit
- UN report urges accountability for Libya airstrike deaths [EN/AR]
- The airstrikes on the Daman building complex, including the Tajoura Detention Centre, 2 July 2019
OTTAWA, Canada, November 14, 2014— Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today issued the following statement regarding recent terrorist attacks in Libya, including the attacks this morning in the vicinities of the embassies of Egypt and the United Arab Emirates:
“Canada condemns the recent string of terrorist attacks across Libya, including the two attacks carried out in Tripoli this morning near the embassies of Egypt and the United Arab Emirates.
“These cowardly attacks only reinforce our determination to continue supporting the Libyan people. We join Libyans in rejecting terrorism and reiterate our full support of the efforts of Bernardino León, Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya, to fostering an inclusive political dialogue and bringing an end to the current crisis. I call upon Libyan authorities to ensure that those responsible are held to account.
“On behalf of all Canadians, I extend our sympathies to the families and friends of those killed in these attacks and wish a speedy recovery to the wounded.”
SOURCE: Canada – Ministry of Foreign Affairs