- ticket title
- NOC Calls for End to Clashes in Southern Tripoli and to Save its Facilities
- EU: Berlin Conference an Opportunity for Ending Political and Military Struggle in Libya
- Belgian UN Representative: Arms Embargo in Libya is Violated by UN Members
- Concluding Session, Third Committee Sends 17 Drafts to General Assembly as Delegates Joust over Language on Sexual, Reproductive Health, Rights
- President of Presidency Council Discuss With Undersecretary Health Ministry Needs
OTTAWA, Canada, May 19, 2014 – The Honourable Deepak Obhrai, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and for International Human Rights, today issued the following statement:
“Canada strongly condemns the attacks carried out in Tripoli this weekend. We call on all parties to refrain from violence and to work together to de-escalate the situation and engage in a peaceful democratic process.
“We continue to support a peaceful political transition and encourage efforts to hold a national dialogue. The ongoing constitutional drafting process provides an opportunity for Libyans to peacefully address all problems.
“Canada continues to voice its support for Libya’s political transition. We urge the Libyan government to fulfill its commitment to a peaceful and democratic transition.”
SOURCE: Canada – Ministry of Foreign Affairs