- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
27 Feb 2015
Economic growth can be encouraged around the world if more women were to run small and medium sized enterprises. That’s according to the International Monetary Fund. The Fund says that small loans to women who want to start businesses are particularly effective in emerging economies. Jocelyn Frank has been talking to Melanne Vervee, the Executive Director of the Institute for Women, Peace and Security at Georgetown University in Washington DC in the United States.
Fish-drying technology boosts livelihoods in Ivorian towns
A new fish-drying technology pioneered in West African fishing villages by the Food and Agriculture Agency, (FAO) is helping to improve health and boost livelihoods. Smoked fish is a vital source of food and income for many African coastal communities. In the small the fishing village of Abobodoumé, in Côte d’Ivoire, most of the locally caught fish is consumed in the smoked form, but traditional smoking methods have needed updating. Yvette Diei Ouadi is a fishery industry officer with FAO. She’s been speaking to Sandra Ferrari.
Women in South Sudan turning “challenges into opportunities”
Women in South Sudan are turning the challenges they face on a daily basis into “opportunities.” That’s according to UN Women which has been supporting peace efforts through women groups in the African country. The organization has worked with a number of groups to develop a document known as the Women’s Agenda for Peace and Sustainable Development in South Sudan. Susan Dokolo has been speaking to the UN Women Country Representative Izeduwa Derex-Briggs.
Presenter: Jocelyne Sambira
Production Assistant: Sandra Guy