- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
Speaker of the House, Nabih Berri, praised at the Wednesday Gathering the speech of Patriarch Rahi at the Maronite consultative meeting, hoping that the meeting will draw conclusions in the interest of Lebanon and the Lebanese.
Responding to Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri’s speech at the Arab Private Sector Forum, Berri said: “All the regret not for the absence of the Libyan delegation, but for the obliviousness of the Lebanese delegation of the main abuse lasting for more than four decades against Lebanon, all of Lebanon.”
On a different note, Speaker Berri welcomed the Australian Defense Secretary, Christopher Pyne, at the head of a military delegation.
“We have strong ties with the Lebanese Army in combating Daesh and terrorism. The exchange of security information has been very important in the fight against Daesh in Lebanon and also in Australia,” the minister said in the wake of the meeting.
“We are providing financial and humanitarian assistance to displaced people in Lebanon as a result of the war in Syria, and we are happy to be part of the UNIFIL force in the South,” Pyne added.
Source: National News Agency