- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
12 February 2015 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed two officials at the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – George Okoth-Obbo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations and Volker Türk as Assistant High Commissioner for Protection – the UN announced today.
Mr. Okoth-Obbo of Uganda will succeed Singapore’s Janet Lim while Mr. Türk of Austria replaces Erika Feller of Australia.
Both Mr. Okoth-Obbo and Mr. Türk boast impressive careers within UNHCR with the former having previously served as the agency’s Director of the Regional Bureau for Africa and the latter as Director of UNHCR’s Division of International Protection.