- ticket title
- Miami International Holdings and MGEX Announce Plan of Merger; MGEX to Join MIAX Exchange Group
- مؤشر أسهم بيرميودا والشركة الأم ميامي إنترناشيونال هولدنغز، تعلنان عن إدراج 1.94 مليار دولار لـ أن سي أل كوربوريشن
- XCMG’s Global Livestreaming Proves a Success as Third Event Turnover Reaches US$28 Million in Five Hours
- With a Brand Value of Over 105 Billion Yuan, Shanghai Electric Ranks 48th Most Valuable in China
- أيبك تحقق صافي أرباح بقيمة 9.02 مليون دولار أمريكي في النصف الأول من العام 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: OSESS-ASS/ACC 2014
Position Title: Assistant Accountant
Accountable to: Senior Finance & Administration Officer
Job Group: Project staff
Organizational Unit: Peace and Security Division
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Opening Date: December 16, 2014
Closing Date: December 26 , 2014 by close of business hour 5:30 PM
1. Job summary:
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Finance and Administration Officer, the Assistant Accountant will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
2. Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Processes accurately and promptly all accounting transactions, including payroll, operating expenses, travel, consultant payments vendor payments, charge backs and other office running expenses.
2. Maintains accounts reconciled at any given point in the Project,
3. Regularly reviews the open item accounts and resolves any outstanding items;
4. Keeps relevant documents and invoices systematically to fully support the accounts;
5. Prepare payment vouchers after careful verification of the supporting documents and prepare cheques against approved payment documents,
6. Effect timely payments and resolve accounting related issues;
7. Assist in the planning aspect and preparation of annual budget and ensure in the monitoring budget and expenses ;
8. Ensure IGAD internal control procedures are adhered with;
9. Calculate rates paid for purchases and all price extensions.
10. Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
11. Enter, update, and/or retrieves accounting data from Sun systems.
12. Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in Sun system, according to instructions.
13. Performs bank account reconciliation and reviews cash and replenishment needs.
14. Review on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors. Retrieves system reports.
15. Disburses funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions.
16. Files and/or removes records and reports.
17. Determines content and assembles data in order to prepare monthly reports for review.
18. Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information to an automated accounting system.
19. Operates standard office equipment.
20. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
3. Minimum Qualification.
a) A minimum of BA Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized Institution,
b) A minimum of five years’ related work experience with a respectable organization,
c) High level of personal and professional integrity with strong analytical skills and ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment
d) Strong interpersonal skills and orientation as a team member;
e) Ability to deal sensitively and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
f) Knowledge of computerized accounting systems specifically Sun System.
g) Strong communication skill with ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form.
h) Demonstrated skill in computer application and use of software programs is an essential requirement.
4. Language Skills:
Proficiency in English Language is required.
The duration of the assignment will be for six (6) months with possible renewal subject to availability of fund .
6 Deadline for application: 26th December 2014 on or before 5:30 PM.
7 How to apply:
Only those interested candidates who meet the profile stated should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) to the following address:
Office of the Special Envoy for South Sudan
Tel: +251-911-243163 or +251-911-236881
IGAD Secretariat shall only respond to shortlisted candidates.
IGAD is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please write the vacancy announcement number