- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
Cairo-Proceedings of the Arab League Economic and Social Council kicked off on Thursday here at the ministerial level. The agenda of the 102nd session includes efforts to push economic and social developments in the Arab world, and discussing the economic and social file to be put before the Council of Arab States due to be held in Tunis in March. The follow up of Arab-African Summit resolutions and preparing for the 5th session due in Saudi capital Riyadh at the end of the year, is of paramount importance to consolidate Arab-African exchange through a joint working plan that could reflect positively on development in both regions. Ministers were also expected to discuss bolstering inter-Arab cooperation, as an important tribute to promote Arab exchange with other partners. Also on the agenda of the conference are the Arab Free Trade Zone, developments of the Arab Customs Union, sustainable agriculture strategy and the executive program of Arab food security.
Source: Libya News Agency