- ticket title
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 91,568 in 2019; Deaths Reach 1,091
- Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Syria, Yemen, World migration trends (15 November 2019)
- UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]
- Hunger, displacement and migration – A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya
- Five things you need to know this week about global education (15 November 2019)
Animals intended for export to a non-EU country shall meet the veterinary requirements of the non-EU country of their destination, which should follow the recommendations of the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). The Commission and the Member States contribute to the rational and science-based development of those international standards. The Commission also promotes the application of those standards whenever it engages in relevant trade negotiations.
In accordance with Commission Decision 93/444/EEC(1), the animals to be exported must meet at least the animal health conditions for intra-Union trade in slaughter animals of the species concerned until they reach the point of exit from the EU.
Council Directives 90/425/EEC(2), 64/432/EEC(3) and 91/68/EEC(4) require that transporters for the carriage of animals must use means of transport that are cleaned and disinfected immediately after every transport of animals, and if necessary before any new loading of animals, using disinfectants officially approved by the competent authority. The Commission, with the strong support of Member States, has adopted specific rules for the cleansing and disinfection of empty livestock vehicles returning from certain non-EU countries(5). Those requirements are based on evidence that not only live animals but also used livestock vehicles may spread animal disease pathogens.
The setup of infrastructure necessary for a sustainable agricultural development is part of the objectives described in Regulation (EU) No 1305/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council on support for rural development(6).