- ticket title
- Special Committee on Charter of United Nations Adopts Annual Report as It Concludes 2020 Session
- High Commissioner updates the Human Rights Council on human rights concerns and progress across the world
- WFP Libya Country Brief January 2020
- This Hearty Group of Filipinos Is Staying Strong Worldwide Despite Virus Outbreaks
- President Of Mauritania: Libyan Crisis Source Of Concern To Sahel States
1. The activities and sub-activities described by the Honourable Member are indeed part of the programme. The contract with the Italian Ministry of Interior was signed in December 2017. The overall amount of the programme is EUR 46.3 million and not EUR 285 million. The EUR 46.3 million includes a contribution of EUR 42.2 million from the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa(1), a co-financing of EUR 2.2 million from Italy and a parallel financing from the EU Internal Security Fund of EUR 1.8 million. Additional financing may be mobilised in 2018 subject to the implementation progress of the project(2).
2. The operational centres are to be established in Libya. They will be managed by the General Administration for Coastal security under the responsibility of the Libyan Ministry of Interior and the Libyan Coast Guard and Port Security under the responsibility of the Libyan Ministry of Defence.
3. Private companies that may be needed for the set-up of the operational centres will be selected in due course in line with the procedures of the Italian Ministry of Interior, the implementing partner for the project.