- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
The humanitarian projects selected under the EUR 52 million package for education in emergencies will ensure safe access to quality education, both formal and non-formal. This package fulfils the Commission’s commitment to increase by four times and allocate 4% of its humanitarian aid budget to education. Funded actions will support informal education activities such as lifesaving skills and vocational training, recreational activities and psychological support. Children will benefit from the provision of school material and the building or rehabilitation of schools. Teachers, parents and caregivers can also receive training.
These projects will be implemented by the Commission’s humanitarian partners (international organisations, Non-Governmental Organisations and specialised state agencies) in the following 42 countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Georgia, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Myanmar, Pakistan, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Philippines, Somalia, the Republic of South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, Ukraine and Yemen.
All education projects are selected based on quality assessment done by the Commission. During the project implementation, all selected projects will be monitored at least once by Commission technical experts in the field and a final report will be submitted at the end of each project.