- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
ALGIERS, Algerian Minister of Maghreb, African Union and Arab League Affairs Abdelkader Messahel has re-affirmed the country's position for inclusive political dialogue to reach a solution to the crisis in Libya as part of the Agreement signed in December 2015 under the aegis of the United Nations.
We are for an inclusive political dialogue bringing together the real Libyan players who should decide the future of their country as part of the political agreement signed on 17 December 2015 between the different Libyan parties, Messahel told the media following discussions with Martin Kobler, the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Representative for Libya, here over the weekend.
Messahel, who said he exchanged views with Kobler on the situation in Libya and discussed the next phases for a solution to the crisis in that neighbouring country, hoped that 2017 would see return of lasting peace and stability" in the country.
The minister pointed out that the solution to the crisis was a matter which concerns, first of all, the Libyan themselves, stressing that Algeria had always called for frank and direct inter-Libyan dialogue, without any foreign interference and pressure on the different parties to the conflict.
Messahel affirmed that Algeria would continue to support the dialogue process resulting from the political agreement signed under the aegis of the UN.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK