- ticket title
- Ministry of Employment takes part in Local Government Forum
- Alternative Accommodation for Displaced People/Discussed
- Local Government Minister issues resolution to transfer competencies to local administration units
- UN and Red Cross chiefs appeal for end to use of explosive weapons in cities
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
NOUAKCHOTT, MAURITANIA, -- The Speaker of Algeria's Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament), Abdelkader Bensalah, has held talks here with the President of the Presidential Council of Libyan National Accord Government, Fayez al Siraj, on the latest developments in Libya.
The meeting took place on the sidelines of the 27th Arab League summit which was held in the Mauritanian capital, Nouakchott, Monday and which Bensalah had attended as the representative of Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
During the meeting, which focused on the latest developments in Libya and the ways to reconcile the Libyan factions, Bensalah reiterated the position of Algeria, "which supports this brotherly country in its efforts to restore peace and stability".
He also expressed the availability of Algeria "to work together with the institutions resulting from the political agreement recognized by the international community to assist Libya in taking up its political, security and economic challenges".
Al-Siraj welcomed the Algerian efforts, led by President Bouteflika, for the preservation of peace in Libya and its unity".
The meeting was also attended by Algerian Minister of State and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation Ramtane Lamamra and Minister for Maghreb, African Union (AU) and Arab League Affairs Abdelkader Messahel.
Source: Name News Network