- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
ALGIERS, Algeria's Minister of Maghreb, African Union and Arab League Affairs, Abdelkader Messahel, has held talks here with the visiting Chairman of Libya's High Council of State, Abderrahman Swehli.
The discussions formed part of "Algeria's efforts for the implementation of the political process to resolve the crisis in Libya", said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement issued here Wednesday after the discussion.
They two ministers focused on recent developments of the situation in Libya, the statement added.
In this regard, Messahel stressed that Algeria had always defended the "political solution" that preserves Libya's sovereignty without foreign interference and called on Libyans to engage in an inclusive dialogue and national reconciliation.
He added that this was the only solution to the crisis in Libya as it would preserve the unity, territorial integrity and national sovereignty of Libya and the social cohesion of its people.
Abderrahman Swehli praised Algeria's role and its active contribution, under the leadership of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, in assisting the various Libyan parties on the path of dialogue and national reconciliation to restore peace, security and stability, added the statement.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK