- ticket title
- France voices concern about current tense situation in Libya
- Libya crisis: France suspends Nato mission role amid Turkey row
- 102 illegal immigrants rescued off western Libyan coast
- The Mandate Of The European Mission In Libya Is Extended Until Early July Next Year
- German Foreign Ministry: The War In Libya Can Only Be Stopped By The Parties To The Libyan Conflict Sitting At The Same Table
ALGIERS, Algeria has welcomed the formation of a national unity government in eastern neighbour Libya.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement here Wednesday: "Algeria, which has always called for a political solution and the formation of an inclusive national unity government in Libya, welcomes the formation of the government and considers this step as a significant progress that would likely preserve the national unity, strengthen the national reconciliation process and encourage efforts aiming at reaching a comprehensive political solution, in line with the aspirations of the Libyan brotherly and neighbouring people for peace, security and prosperity."
In this regard, it added that "Algeria calls on all components of Libyan people to support the government, which will be in charge of building the State and institutions and addressing the various challenges, particularly terrorism".
"Algeria, which has always insisted on the responsibility of the United Nations in the crisis resolution process, urges all the international community to provide substantial support to the new government in order to allow it overcome the difficulties and fulfil its mission in this new crucial stage," said the Foreign Ministry.
Algeria also reiterated its full readiness to assist the new Libyan authorities and ensure them of the same support as it has always done with the previous governments with a view to achieving smooth transition towards the rule of law, added the statement.