- ticket title
- Fighting Rages as Libya Force Pushes Toward Key Western City
- Fractured Tunisian Parliament Moves Toward Agreement on PM
- Merkel Stresses That Europe Has An Interest In Preventing The Escalation Of The Conflict In Libya
- The German Chancellor And The Chinese President Discuss Implementing The Outputs Of The Berlin Conference On Libya
- Chad’s Foreign Minister: The Spread Of Arms And The Worsening Situation In The Sahel Have Been Caused By The Libyan Crisis
Tripoli-The President of the Presidency Council Fayez Al Serraj on Tuesday received delegations of the African Union and the United Nations. The delegations included UN Under Secretary General for Political Affairs Rosemary Di Carlo, Ismael Sharqi the AU Peace Commissioner. The meeting was attended by the UN Special Envoy to Libya Ghasan Salama, and the GNA Foreign Minister Mohamed Al Taher Siala. According to the Council's Communications Office the meeting dealt with political and security developments in Libya, and the forthcoming elections to be held under the auspices of the United Nations. Al Serraj reiterated his vision for a civil state, unification of sovereign institutions, and also stressed the need for a unified international approach to the crisis in Libya, and the need for coordination between the UN and the AU to resolve the crisis.
Source: Libya News Agency