- ticket title
- Building upon Momentum from National Dialogue Can Help Cameroon Resolve Political, Humanitarian Crises, Special Representative Tells Security Council
- WHO Provides Healthcare Services at 25 Medical Centres
- Libya’s Humanitarian Coordinator underlines the need to restore essential services for people affected by conflict
- Morocco: International Solidarity Prevents Civil War in Libya
- CBL: Commercial Banks Profits Plummet by 25%
LUSAKA, Zambia, Aug. 11, 2015 / PRNewswire — A comprehensive discussion focusing on latest opportunities in Africa’s commercial farming — across palm oil, cassava, cocoa, grains, sugar, soybean, fruits & vegetables as well as investments, PPPs, value-added products and modern technologies – is expected at 4th Commercial Farm Africa in Lusaka, Zambia on 7-9 October, 2015.
The summit organised by Centre for Management Technology brings together ministerial representatives, technology providers and leading agribusiness players from around the world aiming to grow the African agribusiness value chain. Held in Zambia, an opening address on ‘Diversification Strategy to Grow Zambia’s Agri Sector’ will be delivered by Honorable Given Lubinda, MP & Minister, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Zambia.
Corporate Sponsor SGS Precision Farming Services and Networking Reception Sponsor AGCO Corporation will also be sharing insights on ‘Use Of Drones For Farmland Surveys & Crop Monitoring’ and ‘Modernization & Mechanization of Farming Practice’ respectively.
Valuable information on Zambia’s commercial farming will be further provided by Zambia Sugar and Zambeef Products, with two separate sessions ‘Developing Outgrowers’ Program For Sustainable Agriculture’ and ‘Challenges of Agribusiness Investment in Zambia’ respectively.
Featured speakers also include Uganda’s Connie Magomu Masaba, Project Manager, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries sharing the opportunities and challenges of public-private partnership in the country’s agri sector and Dr. John Mususa Ulimwengu, Senior Advisor, Agriculture & Rural Development to Prime Minister of Democratic Republic of Congo and Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI speaking on ‘Transforming DRC’s Land into Profitable Commercial Farm’.
Additionally, two country-focused sessions on ‘Developing Commercial Fruits & Vegetables Farm in Ethiopia‘ and ‘Investing in a Sustainable Oil Palm Plantation in Cote D’voire’ will be addressed by Horizon Plantations Ethiopia and DekelOil/ Director of Agribusiness, AXYS Consulting DMCC, respectively.
Other notable sessions include:
- Demand/Supply & Price Trends in Soft Commodities – Groupe Ecobank
- Future of Bioenergy & Value-Added Investments in Sub-Sahara Africa – Sunbird Bioenergy
- Infrastructure Development to Strengthen Agri Value Chain – COMESA Secretariat
- Healthy Soils, Profitable Farms: How Soil Conservation Techniques Lead to Success in Large-Scale Farming – Soil Capital
- Panel Discussion: Funding Agri Projects in Africa – African Development Bank Group, SwissRe
- Panel Discussion: Local Sourcing & Building a Sustainable Supply Chain – Diageo
Attendees can also sign up for an optional site visit to Zambia Sugar Plantation & factory in Mazabuka on 7 October 2015.