- ticket title
- European Commission Denies Knowledge of Reports of ‘Violations’ by Libya Coast Guard Elements
- Cross-border Movement Back to Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- General Assembly Advocates Labour Rights, Ending Illicit Wildlife Trade, Adopting 6 Resolutions as It Concludes Seventy-Third Session
- Libya: Two commanders allied to east-based Haftar killed in strike near Tripoli
- IAEA and Islamic Development Bank Launch Women’s Cancers Partnership Initiative
ADDIS ABABA, The African Union (au) High Level Committee on Libya has re-affirmed its total support for the unity of Libya and commended the efforts to establish a unified Libyan national army and improve the security situation in the country.
An AU statement released here Thursday said participants of a two-day meeting of the committee held here this week "re-affirmed their total support to the unity of Libya and condemned any act that could lead to divisions based on ethnicity or tribal affiliations".
The 5th meeting of the High Level Committee was held on Tuesday and Wednesday at the AU headquarters in Addis Ababa.
While expressing their support for the United Nations-sponsored political dialogue in Libya, the committee stressed the need to create political and security conditions conducive to the holding of planned elections in Libya, including the promotion of national reconciliation and dialogue.
They hailed the progress made in registering voters and welcomed the enthusiastic participation throughout Libya, which has been particularly demonstrated by young people and women.
Source: Nam News Network