- ticket title
- German Foreign Ministry Discloses Details Of Ceasefire Agreement In Libya
- Algerian President Seeks To Rally Support For Summit On Libya
- UN-brokered Libya talks show ‘seriousness reach draft ceasefire deal
- Libyan Embassy In Oman Urges Libyan Nationals To Be Cautious To Spread Of Coronavirus
- Libya conflict: Turkey confirms first soldiers killed
ADDIS ABABA, The African Union (au) High Level Committee on Libya has re-affirmed its total support for the unity of Libya and commended the efforts to establish a unified Libyan national army and improve the security situation in the country.
An AU statement released here Thursday said participants of a two-day meeting of the committee held here this week "re-affirmed their total support to the unity of Libya and condemned any act that could lead to divisions based on ethnicity or tribal affiliations".
The 5th meeting of the High Level Committee was held on Tuesday and Wednesday at the AU headquarters in Addis Ababa.
While expressing their support for the United Nations-sponsored political dialogue in Libya, the committee stressed the need to create political and security conditions conducive to the holding of planned elections in Libya, including the promotion of national reconciliation and dialogue.
They hailed the progress made in registering voters and welcomed the enthusiastic participation throughout Libya, which has been particularly demonstrated by young people and women.
Source: Nam News Network