- ticket title
- 107 Illegal Migrants Including Women and Children Have Been Rescued
- UNICEF: Millions of Children Suffer Because of Conflict in Yemen, Syria and Libya
- Sun’allah: NOC Has Big Role in Upgrading Libyan Economy
- Libya: Euros 2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs
- Kremlin: Putin and Merkel Agree on Avoiding Armed Struggle in Libyan Conflict
ORAN, ALGERIA, The Committee of Heads of State for Libya, initiated by the African Union (AU), is set to visit the Libyan cities of Tripoli and Tobruk soon, says the AU Commissioner for Peace and Security, Smail Chergui.
"The Heads of State High Committee for Libya will shortly head for Tripoli and Tobruk to get our Libyan brothers to hold a reconciliation meeting," he told journalists here at the end of 4th High Level Seminar on Peace and Security in Africa here Monday.
"The date and venue of the meeting will be announced soon," he added.
The committee's trip comes as part of the efforts to relaunch this body, initially set up during the AU Summit in Addis Ababa in 2011.
"The AU has always worked for a political solution to the crisis which may have an impact on both Libya and the region's countries," Chergui said. "The trip to Libya will be preceded by a preparatory meeting."
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK