- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
What:The 11 thAfrican Economic Conference (AEC) will take place in Abuja, Nigeria under the theme Feed Africa: Towards Agro-Allied Industrialization for Inclusive Growthrdquo;. The Conference is jointly organized by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
1. His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
2. Mr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB),
3. Mr. Abdalla Hamdok, Acting Executive Secretary of the United Nations EconomicCommission for Africa (ECA),
4. Mr. Abdoulaye Mar Dieye, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Director of the Regional Bureau for Africa, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and
5. Professor Eric Maskin (Harvard University) and 2007 Nobel Laureate in Economics
When: Monday 5-7 December 2016 - TheOpening Ceremony will start at 08:30AM on Monday 5 December 2016, Abuja time(7:30AM Abidjan/GMT, 2:30 AM New York).
Where:Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria.
The conference will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss Africa's agricultural transformation by presenting the latest empirical evidence on how to leverage agro-industrialization for feeding Africa and promoting inclusive growth. It will also provide critical thinking on how policy-makers, development partners, the private sector, civil society organizations and the academia should support the planning and implementation of these industrialization strategies.
A special event of the Conference will be the launch of UNDP's Africa Human Development Report 2016 (Accelerating Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment in Africardquo;) on Monday 5 December, 2016 (Hilton Hotel, Lagos/Osun Meeting Room, 2:30PM to 3:30PM Abuja time) to be officiated by Nigeria's Ministers of Budget and Planning, and Women Affairs together with UNDP's Regional Director for Africa. Two other special events will hold on Tuesday 6 December: Launch of Economic Report on Africa 2016 and a discussion on Youth Agri-preneurship's Aspirations and Challenges.
We invite you to cover the conference and engage with us on social media using the hashtags #2016AEC #FeedAfrica. Kindly confirm your participation via this email by 5:00PM Friday, 2 December 2016.
Source: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA).