- ticket title
- UN envoy pushes to stop ‘blatant’ embargo violations in Libya
- Rwanda Receives More African Refugees From Libya
- Tunisia: Post-Debate Handshake Hailed as Pro-Democracy Sign
- Delegates Stress Urgent Need for Weather Resilient Farming, Combating Hunger, as Second Committee Debates Agriculture, Food Security, Nutrition
- President of the Presidential Council briefed on the arrangements for the start of the new school year
Houn, Security men in the central city of Houn aborted an attempt by prisoners at the Reform and Rehabilitation Centre in Al Jufra to escape, and returned the prisoners to cells, sources said. A group of 30 prisoners attacked one of the prison guards when he opened the cell door at 2.00am, seized his weapon and got hold of another guard’s weapon, then started opening fire in the air before they were rounded up by Police who managed to return all prisoners inside the prison cells, the Rehabilitation Centre sources said.
Source: Libya News Agency