- ticket title
- WHO distributes urgently needed medical supplies as Libya conflict continues
- UNICEF Libya Flash Update: Western Libya Emergency Response, 13 May-19 May 2019
- DTM Libya – Rapid Market Assessment (21 May 2019)
- UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya strongly condemns the blockage of the Great Man-Made River, cutting off water supply for hundreds of thousands of Libyans, 20 May 2019
- UN envoy warns of ‘long and bloody war’ in Libya
The Security Council today renewed measures designed to implement the arms embargo on Libya for another year, in particular those authorizing Member States to inspect vessels on the high seas off the country’s coast when reasonable grounds existed to believe they violated the ban.
Unanimously adopting resolution 2420 (2018) under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, the Council extended authorizations set out in resolution 2357 (2017), requesting the Secretary-General to report within 11 months on the text’s implementation.
The meeting began at 3:08 p.m. and ended at 3:10 p.m.