- ticket title
- Libya: COVID-19 Flash Update No. 2 (6 April 2020)
- UN Calls For Cease-Fire In Libya On Anniversary Of Armed Conflict
- Trump Pushes Unproven COVID Treatment
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya IDP and Returnee Report: Mobility Tracking Round 29 | January – February 2020
- Libya – IDP and Returnee Key Findings Report 29 (Jan-Feb 2020)
50 migrants attempted in vain to force their way across the Italian border with France in the early hours of Saturday, a local French official said, the AFP reported.
"All the migrants who managed to get past the border crossing, as well as those who travelled along the rail line from Italy , were detained and not allowed into France," an official from France's Alpes-Maritimes region said.
Italy insisted Friday it is not facing an "invasion" after a spike in migrant boat crossings from Libya exacerbated fears the country was on the verge of becoming the main entry point for people trying to reach Europe.
The French regional official said there had been a slight rise in the numbers seeking to cross over from Italy to France in recent days.
Source: National News Agency