- ticket title
- More than 100 illegal immigrants deported from Libya
- Libya’s UN-backed government condemns deadly airstrike in Tripoli
- Salame and Deputy Meet Delegation From Misrata Including Members of House of Representatives and High Council of State
- Presidency Council Blames UN Mission for Death of Children in Arial Shelling in Al Fernaj
- GNA Foreign Ministry of Social Affairs Condemns Massacre of Children in Al Fernaj
8 Feb 2017
2017 “must be a year of decisions”, where political deadlock in Libya is broken in order to restore “basic services” to the people.
The UN brokered the signing of the Libyan Political Agreement (LPA) in December 2015, which aimed to establish a single Government of National Accord, after several years of fighting between rival factions.
Mr Kobler said views were converging between different political groups, but there needed to be a breakthrough this year, with the unified support of the international community.
Basma Baghal asked him if the 2015 agreement had led to any meaningful progress.