- ticket title
- Despite Calls for Ceasefire amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Unabated Fighting Could Push Libya to New Depths of Violence, Acting Special Representative Warns Security Council
- Briefing With Assistant Secretary for African Affairs Tibor Nagy on U.S. Support for Combating COVID-19 in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Secretary Pompeo’s Call with Italian Foreign Minister Di Maio
- WFP Libya Country Brief, April 2020
- Reversion to ‘All-out Fighting’ in Syria Must Be Averted at All Costs, Special Envoy Tells Security Council
Three individuals who were to enter Libya were arrested, on Tuesday, in Ras Jedir, close to the border, according to a statement of the Interior Ministry.
One of them had admitted his intention to go to Syria for “jihad” with an army faction.
The second was banned from leaving the territory and a search warrant issued against him by the security units in Tunis for extreme violence, the same source specifies.
According to the preliminary investigations, the three defendants had proposed a sum of money to two individuals, native of the region, so as to help them enter the Libyan territory.
Source : Tunis Afrique Presse