- ticket title
- Dozens Arrested in Egypt After Rare Anti-Sissi Protests
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
Statement by the Spokesperson on the first meeting of the Libyan Council of Representatives:
“We welcome today’s first meeting of the Council of Representatives in Libya. This is an extremely important step towards putting Libya’s democratic transition back on track and
helping restore law and order to the country. We encourage the Council of Representatives to carry out its tasks in a spirit of inclusiveness, moderation and in the interest of the country.
We condemn the ongoing violence and conflict across the country, including in Tripoli and Benghazi. We are deeply concerned about the increasing humanitarian consequences of this violence which does not represent the values of the Libyan people. We call upon all parties to cease hostilities and support the elected representatives of the Libyan people in building a prosperous and stable country for all Libyans.
Libya is a crucial neighbour for Europe, with whom we wish to establish long-term and mutually beneficial relations. The EU is determined to support the Libyan people in their quest for a society based on the rule of law and democratic principles.”
Copyright European Union, 1995-2014
SOURCE European External Action Service (EEAS)
Source : PR Newswire