- ticket title
- Malta’s Foreign Minister: Features of solving the Libyan crisis looming, and we support the efforts of the UN mission in Libya
- Developing five City Profiles for conflict-affected cities in Iraq, Libya, Yemen and Syria
- Egypt, Italy FMs discuss bilateral ties, regional issues
- UNHCR Update Libya (6 December 2019) [EN/AR]
- Secretary-General Appoints Nada al-Nashif of Jordan Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights
A cyclist was killed when he was allegedly attacked by a giraffe in Bela Bela at the weekend, Limpopo police said on Monday.
Colonel Ronel Otto said the body of the man was found by guests at the Thabo Monate Game Lodge on Sunday afternoon.
“He had gone cycling alone. That area of the lodge is known as a habitat for giraffes,” she said.
“He was allegedly attacked, or trampled, by a giraffe. An inquest docket has been opened and a post mortem would be done later today [Tuesday] to determine the cause of death.”
In 2013 a giraffe attacked two cyclists in the Groenkloof Nature Reserve in Pretoria.
The animal reportedly trampled one of their bikes and chased them before giving up. The incident was captured on video.
Source: a href=”http:www.news24.comSouthAfricaNewsCyclist-allegedly-killed-by-giraffe-20150428″http:www.news24.comSouthAfricaNewsCyclist-allegedly-killed-by-giraffe-20150428a
Source : News24Wire