- ticket title
- UN rights experts warn new EU policy on boat rescues will cause more people to drown
- ”شركة أدوية الحكمة” توسّع نطاق اتفاقية تراخيص الأدوية مع شركة “تاكيدا”
- أمانة تطلق بوابتها الإلكترونية الجديدة، ترايدكابتن.كوم
- مكتب مكتب المراجع السكانية يتوقع وصول عدد سكان العالم في العام 2050 إلى 9.8 مليار نسمة
- Written question – Retabling of question on cooperation with Libya on the management of its land borders – E-005149/2017
TRIPOLI -- The Libyan coast guard has rescued 483 immigrants on a wooden boat which had almost broken apart off the coast of western Libya, a Libya Navy spokesman says.
Spokesman Ayob Qassem said Thursday that the would-be immigrants included 27 women and 8 children. Qassem also said the migrants are from Syria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Ghana, and Bangladesh.
Three rubber boats were spotted by a naval patrol on Thursday with smugglers in the process of boarding 40 migrants to send towards Europe, Qassem revealed. The migrants were taken to an immigration receiving centre in western Libya.
As a resul of its state of insecurity and chaos, Libya is a preferred departure point for thousands of immigrants from Africa who want to cross the Mediterranean to Europe, although many of them on the way as boats capsize.
Source: NAM News Network